Painting Antonius Henricus TOON Koster Dutch Modern Master WINTER SUNSET 1960s
- signed painting
- by the Dutch Modern Master Antonius Henricus "Toon" Koster.
- titled: WINTER SUNSET.
- original sale tag is still attached
- originally sold in the 1960s for around $600.00.
- Toon has been deceased for over 25 years.
- The painting is approx. 24" x 36".
- With the frame, the entire piece measures approx. 34" x 46".
- There are a couple of stains, presumably at the time of creation of the piece.
- these marks are not visible from the front unless exposed to poorly placed lighting.
- The painting has no stretched areas or tears or rips.
- The frame is in fantastic shape.
- The painting and frame weighs approx 10 pounds
- It will be shipped in a custom crate
- The package will weigh approx. 30 pounds.
Here is a short bio of the creator of this magnificent work, Toon Koster:
Antonius "Toon" Koster, a renowned Dutch artist, was born in Schiedam, (South Holland) Netherlands in 1913. He went to the Art Academy in Rotterdam, Netherlands and became a painter, printmaker, industrial artist, enamellist and muralist. During most of his artistic career he lived and worked in Nieuwkoop near the Nieuwkoopse Plassen. Koster was a member of the Dutch Federation of Visual Artists, and died November 25, 1989 in Woerden, Netherlands. Koster often used dark earthy colors and painted in broad coarse brush strokes, creating depressive and gloomy atmospheres; making for subtle impressionistic qualities. When asked to which movement he belonged or which subjects he preferred, he answered: “There is no movement… and everything repeats itself.”